Dr. Janice Denoncourt, Associate Professor at Nottingham Law School, has let us know about an exciting upcoming event titled, “IP Strategy for FinTech Start-ups and SMEs.” The details are below:
On behalf of Nottingham Law School's Intellectual Property Research Group, the
Board of the Intellectual Property Awareness Network (IPAN) and the UK
Intellectual Property Office,
I am delighted to inform you that we will be celebrating World IP Day (26 April) this year on a subject where the UK is leading innovation in Financial Technologies (Fintech). In this fast-moving financial frontier, we also need to develop a greater understanding of the importance of IP, particularly for Start-Ups and SMEs.
This online event titled IP Strategy for FinTech Start-ups & SMEs will take place on Monday, 26 April 2021, from 18:00 to 19:30 BST.
Our event in the UK links in with the WIPO 2021 World IP Day campaign, which shines a light on the critical role of SMEs in the economy and how they can use IP rights to build
more competitive and resilient businesses.
IPAN's John Ogier will be chairing the discussion by our panel of industry, law and university specialists who will explore trends in FinTech and IP rights protection and strategy, followed
by a Q&A panel discussion aimed at FinTech entrepreneurs.
The Panel will comprise:
- Alessandro Hatami, Founder of advisory firm Pacemakers
- Jane Lambert, Founder of NIPC Law and Barrister practising in IP and technology
- Dr Fernando Da Cruz Vasconcellos - Director of Valuation Consulting
- Professor Xuan-Thao Nguyen - Director of IP and Innovation, Indiana University
- Dr Janice Denoncourt Associate Professor, Nottingham Law School, IP Research Group
The Panel will present for 45 minutes followed by a 30 minute Q&A session.
The online event is free, but registration is required here: